Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Post-Graduation

As I enter my senior year at Emerson College, friends and family alike have been asking me the age old question, "What are you going to do?" This is always followed by, "Where do you want to go?" "Will you stay in Boston?" "Have you considered moving to LA or NYC?"

My answer is always simple-- "I am going to go wherever life takes me."  That isn't to say I haven't played a huge role in my own success thus far, because I have. I have hustled my arse off to be where I am today. I will continue to hustle. A lot can happen in one year. How am I to know where I will end up? Who I might meet? Or the opportunities that will come my way?

When I transferred to Emerson last year I had no idea the opportunities that await me. I was new all over again. I had zero connections there. I was like Bambi as he took his first steps. Fast forward to a year later and I have spent my summer doing TV production work for the Red Sox, am helping to produce several films for award winning filmmakers, was sought out for my first paid video production gig, and just received an email from an amazing documentary production company wanting to set up a phone interview with me as I hope to intern for them this fall.

I will reiterate, in one year, who knows who I will meet, work with, or where I will end up? The only plan I can have is to continue hustling. A few months prior to graduation I will begin job hunting...if I don't already have a prospective job lined up by then. For the right career opportunity, I am willing to relocate. I am also available to travel for my work. Whatever is waiting for me I will find it. But, until the time has come for this all I can tell you now is, I will be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment